Sign Up for Newsletter Be the first to receive our exclusive offers and coupons
Bob's Red Mill | Organic Chia Seeds New 12 Oz * 6
- SUPER SEEDS: Packed with antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, a couple of spoonfuls is all it takes to add a nutritious boost.
- FLAVOR FLEXIBLE: Sweet or savory. Nutritious or indulgent. A filling dinner or a refreshing drink. The possibilities are endless with chia seeds.
- SMALL, BUT POWERFUL: Don't let their small, unassuming appearance fool you. Chia seeds are little energy-supporting superfoods.
- BOB'S RED MILL: Make folks a little happier. It's the idea that keeps our stone mills grinding to fill every bag with wholesome goodness.
Thousands of years ago, chia seed was a staple in the diets of ancient Mayans and Aztecs. The word chia is derived from the Mayan language, meaning “strength,” and Aztec warriors relied on chia seeds to boost energy and increase stamina. Today this tiny seed is a favorite of athletes, especially distance runners, who tout it as an endurance enhancing superfood. Chia seeds contain a wealth of fiber; 5 grams in just one tablespoon. It is the fiber in chia that causes chia seeds to swell when combined with water, creating chia gel. Whether you eat chia gel or just the raw seeds, the hydrophilic action of chia seeds will keep you full longer than many other seeds. Amazingly, chia gel can also be used as a substitute for eggs in many baked goods. Use a proportion of 1 to 6 ratio of Chia Seeds to Water to make chia gel. Use approximately one tablespoon of chia gel to replace one large egg in your baked goods. The mild, nutty flavor of chia seeds goes well with both sweet and savory dishes. Use chia seeds in puddings and smoothies, sprinkle on top of porridge and salads, and add to baked goods in place of flaxseed meal or poppy seeds. Try our recipe for chia fresca, a refreshing drink perfect for a hot summer day in place of lemonade or use it as pre- or post-workout fuel. Looking for a fool-proof way to get chia into your diet? Make our blueberry refrigerator jam! The gelling nature of chia makes it an ideal (and nutritious) substitute for pectin in jam. No matter the dish, you can increase the nutritional value of any meal with a sprinkle of chia seeds. Learn more about our chia seeds below and buy online today! To Your Good Health.
|Brand||Bob's Red Mill|
|Country of Origin||USA|
|Cereals & Grains Type||No|
|Delivery Time||24 Hours(Ideal)|
|Delivery By||Not Mentioned|
|Packing Specification||12 Oz * 6|
|Model Number||Not Defined|
|Cash On Delivery||Available|
|Return time limit||Not mentioned|
We found other products you might like!
- BRM Artisan Bread Flour 3 LB * 4KWD6.120